Mold overtakes a Lake Butler Home
A common phone call we get around here is “I think I have Mold”
Most Florida natives know that Florida wouldn’t be Florida without the infamous humidity. It’s not uncommon for people to think “high humidity - I must have mold”.
While mold spores are actually already present everywhere, it doesn’t actually start to grow unless conditions are right. Mold and fungal spores are a natural occurrence outdoors. Once it gets inside however it needs moisture in order to actually start growing. It only starts becoming a problem when there is elevated and prolonged humidity, dampness, or there has been a water damage.
Some of the most frequent ways that mold actually becomes a problem in a house or business is:
- Flooding from severe storms or overflowing rivers and oceans.
- Roof leaks caused by aged/missing roof materials or a storm.
- Leaking pipes, sewer back-ups or overflowing appliances.
- Condensation on cold surfaces.
- Air Conditioner units blowing too much humidity.
- Damp basements or crawl spaces due to poorly managed rainwater draining or high water tables.
Recently SERVPRO of Columbia and Suwannee Counties received a call from a Union County homeowner who had just taken possession of a home that had a massive mold growth going on. Our Technicians were able to go in and find the source of moisture causing the problem. They quickly got the humidity issue fixed and were able to remove and treat the affected areas. In no time at all SERVPRO had this new homeowner in a safe environment that passed an air quality test. Should you think you have a mold problem or have a water damage of any sort, it needs to be checked out immediately by professionals. Our highly trained technicians are on call 24/7 and 365 days a year for all those mishaps that seem to happen after 5pm or on a holiday. Give us a call at (386) 754-0261 and we’ll be right out to make it “Like it never even happened.”