Spring into cutting cooling costs.
Spring in Florida means the days are getting warmer, nights are getting longer, more outside memories are being made. But Spring can also mean a rise starting in your energy bill. Here are some helpful tips to beat the Florida Heat and keep your costs down.
- Buy an air conditioner with a high
energy efficiency rating (EER). It’s printed
on the Energy Guide label attached to the
unit. A unit with an EER of 10 will cost half as
much to operate as one with an EER of 5.
- Install your air conditioner in the shade. When it’s in direct
sunlight, it uses more energy.
- Clean the air filter regularly. Dusty filters make your air
conditioner work harder.
- Don’t cool unused areas. Close doors to cut
- Operate your stove, oven, dishwasher and clothes dryer in the
morning or evening when it’s cooler outside. They add extra
heat to your home and make your air conditioner work harder.
- Set the air conditioning thermostat at 78 degrees during the
day when you’re home and higher when you’re away.
- A ceiling fan cools fast and costs less than air conditioning.
While your having fun in the summer sun, Let SERVPRO of Columbia and Suwannee Counties help with the cleaning. We offer upholstery, carpet, and HVAC cleaning services along with our Fire, Water, Mold, and Biohazard Remediation and Restoration Services. Call us to schedule a cleaning now! (386) 754-0261